Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My little foodie

This past weekend we went to Austin (pics to come!) and Carter as always got spoiled rotten by grandparents. LOTS of attention and came home with a suitcase full of new toys (thanks Nana and Papa!). On Friday night we had a yummy meal to celebrate Papa's birthday and had steak, baked potatoes, and squash/zucchini. After Carter's baby food (we took jars which were much easier than toting around the homemade purees) he still acted hungry so I just mashed some potato and squash/zucchini and he did GREAT! So, I've kinda decided to be "done" with making baby food weekly and we will go through our freezer stash of purees, but also add some table foods to the mix. Monday night I made Caleb and I pan seared chicken, sweet potato fries, and green beans. I diced and shredded it up and that's what Carter ate too--SO nice to have him sit with us and eat what we eat. Although half of it ended up in his lap, he loved it! So, last night I decided to feed him with a spoon first and then put some on his tray just to make sure he got enough. MY. GOODNESS. The boy ate 1/2 of a sweet potato (mashed) and 2 chicken tenders (pan seared from the night before--no fried food yet!) shredded up, PLUS ~3 ounces rice cereal with breastmilk. He's loving real food and believe me, mama's loving not using precious naptime to steam + puree food :). Pics to come!

No comments: