Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Carter's first day of school!

Yesterday was Carter's first day of "school" or Mother's Day Out. He will be going on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-2:30 while I work. Although I was so nervous on Monday (I had his backpack and lunch all packed and ready by um...9 am the day before?), drop off went great and being there just solidifed the decision that this is where he's supposed to be.

Here's his lesson plan for the week:
His teachers are Ms. Dina and Ms. Gretel and he went right to them during drop off. I forgot to tell them about putting a bottle in the fridge so I came back ~5 minutes later and he was happy as a lark just playing and discovering new toys in his new classroom! When I picked him up they said he did "great" but his little "crib room daily news" said he was "teary off and on" and "tired". Sweet boy--I'm hoping that's normal for the first few days and then he gets the "happy" and "busy" boxes checked off once he gets into a routine :).  I said to him yesterday "I wish you could talk and tell me all about school" but judging by the above activities and all the new toys, I know he will love his new school!

I did learn a few things for "first day" next year: 1) Daddies go to drop off (Caleb asked if he should go and I was like "no, it's just like nursery at church" and then almost ALL Daddies were there :( and 2) bring your camera to take pictures actually AT school. Check, will put on the to do list for next year! Here are his before school pics:




Such a big boy! Love him :).

1 comment:

Courtney said...

So cute :) So glad that his first day went so well!