Search This Blog

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Back to the basics

Carter is napping. Caleb is at the gym. Little one is doing gymnastics in my belly. Pumpkin candles flickering, lights off but lamps on, David Crowder on Pandora, and I'm sitting here on the couch with an open Bible and my afghan and the Lord is bringing me back to the basics.


Luke 10:
25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”
27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b]
28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

Jesus says--DO THIS AND YOU WILL LIVE. Love God. Love your neighbor. I so easily get wrapped up in the busyness and hustle and bustle of the world that I don't seek HIS face, I seek my own agenda, my to do list, my calendar. I make it about me.

As we approach the holidays, I'm so glad for this reminder. 

Thank you, Jesus, for your grace and mercy...and for these moments where you whisper and bring me back to you. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AMEN! Thank you for this reminder as well! Love you!