Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 Goals

Word for the year-neighbor. Jesus says the greatest command is to love God and the 2nd is to love your neighbor as yourself. He has been tugging on my heart these last few months to be intentional as a literal neighbor. With these people that are literally right outside my door. Ok Jesus, take my hand and show me what neighboring looks like on Vista View Drive!

Goals:
1) Memorize a scripture verse every week. 
2) Sit down and do "school" with boys 3 days/week. 
3) Become a front yard person. Choose to play in front yard instead of backyard atleast twice a week (this incorporates present and neighbor). 
4) Date night once a month (just the 2 of us--parties, etc don't count)
5) I don't know how to make it measurable but this year I want to work on letting go. Be ok with not controlling everything. Letting go of the schedule to just be. Hmm....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE front yard play idea. We got to do it at our last house and this one and it's a WORLD of difference in knowing your neighbors well enough to be able to love on them!

I feel the same way about letting go of control. Sometimes for me it looks like saying "yes" to my kids more often. Saying yes to their whims usually imposes on my schedule or to-do list but I'm almost always glad I did. Thanks for the reminders! -Chels