Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Is running my "thing"?!

So, ultimate frisbee is obviously Caleb's "thing". Anytime that he has free time, he loves to play ultimate frisbee. Our NCAA bracket "bet" this year if he won was for me to go and watch him play ultimate frisbee. He LOVES it. Just see this look of absolute joy right before the game:

Now, I have yet to find my "thing" that I just always LOVE to do and can't get enough of. Don't get me wrong....there are a lot of things that I like to do on a regular basis, but I still don't have that "thing", that "passion" like ultimate is to Caleb. Like cooking is to Chelsea (like that, Chels?!). But....I feel like I'm getting a little closer. I never would have thought that I would really enjoy running. I like the idea of running. But, training for and completing this half marathon really pumped me up about running. I'm still on a "runners high" from Sunday. I had a blast. Granted, Shannon was a great running buddy and I don't know if it would have been near as fun (and I know I wouldn't have run near as fast!) without her. But, peeps, I'm thinking about doing another one. Soon. So, we'll see if this keeps up, but maybe, just maybe, I found my thing. Atleast for April of 2008. It may fizzle by May and then, my friends, I don't think it will count as my thing. And, I'll have to attempt new endeavors. But for now, I'm still excited about running and I'll share some pics from this weekend. Thank you, Caleb, for supporting me and being a faithful fan for my half marathon. You are a better person than me :). For those of you who have not heard the story, Caleb ran a half about 6 weeks into our dating (back in early 2000!) and I didn't know I was supposed to go watch. Granted, I was at a church retreat. But, I will never live down that he was there for me at mine, while I slept through his! Onto the pics...
This pic is at mile 8ish, we were so happy to see our fans!And here we are with our "finisher" medals! Woo hoo!




1 comment:

Meredith said...

Girl, if it means my legs look like y'all's I'm going to start running TODAY.