Search This Blog

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ready for vacation :)

I just booked us a trip to Cozumel 7/1-7/4. It was a fabulous deal, but of course there's a catch....we will find out our hotel once we board the plane. It was through applevacations.com and we know we're going to get a "5 apple" deal which narrows it down to the top 5 hotels in Cozumel. A good beach, a good read, a pool, and lots 'o sunscreen will keep this girl happy for 4 days. I'm very excited. I didn't think Caleb would go for it since he is crazy busy at work right now, but I think he just needs a break....it will be perfect, and he was all game after I told him the price. He has been gone 5 of the last 6 weeks traveling. The first 3-4 weeks weren't too bad. We all know that I cherish my "alone" time, so it was kinda nice for a while to have more time to myself. Of course I missed him, but it wasn't terrible to be home by myself either. But geez, it's getting old and I'm SO GLAD that he comes home tomorrow and should be here to stay for awhile. I make it sound bad on me, I know it has to be worse on him--I love me some hotels, but I know hotel "living" gets old fast. He also hates checking bags, so just imagine Caleb attemtping to pack 5 days worth of suits/ties + work out clothes + casual night clothes all in a carry-on. Of course he does it, then comes home with a wrinkled mess that I try to help him de-wrinkle and put back together for Monday morning and another week of it. Oh well, we are blessed that in this economy he has a job and he's actually getting great experience taking depositions and no longer being "low man" sitting at a computer doing legal research for 10 hours/day. Less complaining now....I think of friends who have husbands that deploy overseas for years, changes perspective. I admire military families so much, I just can't imagine.


In other news...

The hospital has picked up and it's been nice. I am supervising a graduate student intern this summer, so far so good. It's crazy to read back on this blog to my student intern days and now I'm supervising, makes me feel old. It's good for me though, keeps me on my toes. I'm back with the cardiac babies whom I adore---the cardiac rotation is by far my favorite. We should be switching in the next month, and for my student's sake I'm going to request trauma/ICU so she can see some teenage cognitive language and swallowing stuff. Not my fave, but know it will be good for me to brush up on those skills as well.

We're both still running, Caleb a little more than me. He's actually signed up for marathon training and will likely be running a 2nd marathon in November or December, I will happily cheer him on from the crowd! This heat is already brutal, I've been sticking to 6 am lake runs or the treadmill, not pushing it too much.

Not sure if I'll update before Mexico.....if not, be ready for some fun photos up next :). Adios amigos!

No comments: