Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Carter-ese

I just read a blog about a Mom getting ready to send her little boy to Kindergarten and got all teary :). One of the parts she said something of "it seemed like only yesterday I was the only one could understand his language and now he's got an expansive vocabulary..." or something like that. We're in that stage right now. This past weekend we went to visit my Nana for an impromptu 80th bday party and people kept asking me "what is he saying"? and I became his little interpreter. Come on folks, don't you know that mae.may means hammer (which he's really into right now...love all the roofers in the 'hood after the hail storm!), rai.rai means ride (the truck, the car), chi means fish, the "moo" cow sound actually means go to chick fil a (the boy gets way too much CFA--very confusing marketing for a 1 1/2 year old!), da.da means throw the ball (or watch baseball, football, espn on TV...can you tell whose son he is?!). However, people have figured out chin.cha...the beloved blue blanket. Although I still typically call it his blankey, part of me always wants him to call it chin cha.

Just a little sentimental post....and glad I've got 4 years before Kindergarten!

No comments: