Search This Blog

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Being thankful

The Lord has been my source of strength these past few weeks. I've been physically and emotionally exhausted but he has shown such sweet provision and grace.

The kids have been amazing. Carter is doing great about playing outside or by himself when I need to feed Isaac or just need a few minutes to myself. Isaac had a few rough nights and days, but for the most part is back to a laid back baby with somewhat of a routine.

Caleb has been my support and showed me a lot of grace, encouraging naps and picking up pizza, with no complaints of a messy house.

My friends have been the body of Christ. From meals, cards, borrowed clothes, emails, texts, lots of prayers and love--they have been amazing and carried burdens to lessen my load.

We lost our Mamie 10 days ago. Amazingly, I got to see her 11 days ago and got to see her sweet smile as she held Isaac for the first time. Such sweet sweet provision.

So as I read on fb about friends enjoying happy hour in this beautiful weather and I am cleaning up vomit and poo, the Lord has given me a smile and grateful heart for my life at home with these precious boys. I wouldn't want it any other way (the staying home and being a mom, and I understand that includes days with vomit and poo!).

*just realized this didn't post, was written on Monday!

Some pics of Mamie then daily life:

















No comments: