Search This Blog

Friday, November 20, 2015

Goodness.

Psalm 100:5
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever, His faithfulness continues through all generations. 

Remembering this truth today. Such a simple song I learned as a little girl in preschool choir--God is so good. God is so good. God is so good, He's so good to me. 

I have to cling to this truth today. When I wake up to news of a terror hostage situation in Mali, which to many is just some African country but to me is where one of my best friends lives. When I show up to MOPS and a sweet sister pours out her story of abuse and kidnapping and hopelessness. When I get an email that a family member is struggling. And that is today. And it's easy to go along my merry way because Caleb took the older boys camping and I am having snuggle time with B and our life is "good". But God calls us to be the body. To encourage one another. So tonight I'm thankful that God is the same through all generations. That HE IS GOOD and present amidst the daddies and little boys giggling in a tent in Oklahoma. And HE IS GOOD and present in that Ramada hotel in Mali. And in the apartments where there is no heat and no hope. And He is so much bigger than this world. Jesus says in this world you will have trouble, but take heart, I have overcome the world (John 16:33). Thankful I trust in a God that is good. His faithfulness does continue through generations. So I will praise Him tonight, thanking him that He does have the whole world in his hands.

No comments: