Search This Blog

Monday, August 13, 2007

Starting a blog...

As I finish my last "summer" days off and am guilty of perusing the internet and reading others' blogs, I've decided to start one of our own. I say our because I will be writing about both Caleb and myself, but I doubt Caleb will ever post on here...he thinks blogs are kinda nerdy. I'm kinda nerdy though, so that's okay :).

I'm about to begin my last semester of graduate school! I graduate in December with my master's in speech pathology and will hopefully begin a job in January. I hope to update regularly and record how the Lord leads us through this transition. Caleb and I have never both worked at the same time (although I consider law school much more work than a job, you just pay to do it) and although we're excited about the double income (!), there will also be new demands as well.

Caleb is beginning his 2nd year as an attorney at Hughes and Luce. He's just finished the first summer of being on "the other side" of summer recruiting and is sad that his days of free lunches and Starbucks are over. He is also completely healed from his early summer knee injury and is back to playing ultimate frisbee 3 days/week. To demonstrate his love for this sport...he is missing TX/OU weekend to fly to a tournament in Florida. And he's okay with it.

We continue to live in an apartment in Uptown (just north of downtown Dallas), which is perfect for where we are right now. Caleb is 5 mins from work, I'm 5 mins to school and to Baylor Hospital where I'll be doing my internship starting Monday. We love our church (Northwest Bible) and are praying about where to serve this fall. We have been in a community group this past year with other young marrieds and are really blessed that Dallas is feeling more and more like "home".

No comments: