Search This Blog

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Laying it all down...

Well, my blogger friends, it has been a while since my last post. I will try to do a quick update :).

Mom came in last weekend for her birthday. We had a great time--good food, good conversation, good rest, and a good memory-making experience. We ended up going to the TX/OU game last minute and were both pretty hoarse on Sunday. It was a great game, much better than anticipated. She went to church with me on Sunday and really enjoyed it--she's even mentioned it a few times since then :).

Caleb did not join in the festivities, as he was in Jacksonville, Florida all weekend for ultimate regionals. Although their team didn't advance to nationals, he did not get hurt, and actually was the unofficial "MVP". He got the first "shout out" (big deal in ultimate lingo!) after the tournament and even got a few emails later acclaiming his great "D" on the field. So, he came back very happy both from his performance and also for a few restful weekends before winter league begins!

This week the Lord completely broke me on Tuesday night. I was so overwhelmed by trying to do everything on my own strength. I couldn't sleep. My mind was consumed by running "to do" lists. I woke up with stomach aches from the anxiety of these to do lists....I was trying to do life on my own strength. It wasn't working. I was reminded of the verse in Colossians 3 that says "He is before all things and in Him all things hold together". Well, I obviously wasn't putting the Lord over everything, and therefore, everything was a mess! So...after being broken before him I layed down all my burdens, and I am free! The sermon series this past month has been about seeking the Lord and His strength....and I just listened. When I finally sought the Lord's strength, He has renewed me.

I finished my independent study and my part of a project. Caleb and I have had a great, relaxing weekend so far and my anxiety has been lifted regarding comps and job stuff. The week ahead is pretty crazy with comps on Friday and then Jessica's wedding weekend full of festivities, but I'm really excited.

Caleb and I had date night tonight. Coal Vines :). I did confirm that I don't care for ricotta cheese....it's one of those textures I definitely have a sensory aversion to. But, we had good conversation and good people watching. He also admitted that he secretly likes the Christmas letter after I told him I was contemplating not doing one this year. So....get excited!

I'm also debating....it costs $90 to rent a cap/gown to walk for graduation. Is it really worth it? I'm having my doubts....

1 comment:

Dave, Kristen, Katelyn, Anna, and Ben McCurdy said...

Julie-I sure have enjoyed my first visit to your blog! Thanks for sharing your heart!

Kristen