Search This Blog

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sad Weekend

Sad for a couple of reasons:

1) Texas lost.

2) The fact that Texas losing can make my weekend "blah".

It is really sad. It's actually embarrassing. I went to church this morning and casually read the prayer requests on the back of the bulletin like I do every week. Probably won't think about them again. Neil prayed over a lady that is having a challenging open heart surgery tomorrow. Usually don't think about those times again. Not sure why I just did. Do those move my spirit? Do I hurt for others that are truly burdened? No. I hurt for a football team. Last night Caleb and I went shopping in the West Village and to Chuy's for dinner. It was good, but the conversation kept going back to Texas losing, and we were both just kinda "blah" no matter how much we tried to boost our spirits.

My heart needs to break. I want to be burdened for things that truly matter in this world. I want my life to glorify Christ. I really do. But then again...I want Texas to beat Oklahoma, and I want a good pair of jeans, and I honestly want the things of this world. Neil asked a hard question this morning---if you could be guaranteed a good life, with good kids, and good job, but would be without Christ, would you do it? To be honest, I know the obvious "right" answer, and that's what my head would say....but in my heart, I really don't know. I KNOW that the Lord is good and makes all things good. That He makes the good times better, and the hard times bearable. I know that everything was created by him and for him--including me and my life--but, I struggle so hard to believe this daily with my daily actions.

So, this post is a little more "me" than normal. But, maybe it will keep me a little more accountable.

If you read this in the next few days and will pray--please pray for Caleb. I just got off the phone with him and he said "if I could work from now (8 pm) until 6 p.m tomorrow night without sleeping, I could get everything done". He is obviously overwhelmed at work, so please pray for rest and a sense of peace through this stressful time.

1 comment:

Chels said...

i was talking to Dane over the weekend about our jeans conversation and told him how i thought you and i were going to have to start keeping eachother accountable for the things we think we need. the things we think are important. what we spend our time wanting and looking for because i am often in the same place. love you and am praying for Caleb. Hope this week was slower for him with the partners being out of town.