Search This Blog

Sunday, April 26, 2009

I wish more weekends were like this

What a great combination of being productive, relaxed, alone, and with others :).

Friday night: Money and Marriage event at church, asleep by 11 pm :) Although I feel like Caleb and I are united on our thoughts of saving/spending/giving/investing, it's always nice to refresh my mind that all we have is really not ours, but the Lord's. Our time. Our money. Our gifts. We are to be good stewards of what He has given us.

Saturday:
1) "Run the Highlands" 5K in our neighborhood--I got our bibs/chips switched so Caleb was actually wearing "Julie" and I was wearing "Caleb". No big deal, right? Right, what I thought....until "Julie Wood" won 2nd place in the women's 20-29 division! Although Caleb wanted the silver metal to hang on the mantel, I frantically found the award announcer prior to announcements and the rightful owner when home with the silver :). My forever true runner buddy Shannon ran with me....as a bandit (shhh!) ! It was so fun and so encouraging to run with her again....I think we're going to start training for marathon #2! I also want to start running more races with Caleb, it was a great start to our Saturday.
2) Indoor/Outdoor house stuff:
-donned the workgloves and hauled all of our demolition/boxes/remodeling waste to the curb for bulk trash pick up--Caleb is convinced that my Bible study book is telling me to do things, because this was "the most I've ever done hard, manual labor without complaining". Haha, thanks for the confidence, babe!
-vacuumed house
-laundry
-clean out/sweep/hose out garage
-mow/fertilize front and back yard (again, Caleb...but, I picked up the sticks in the yard if that counts for anything!)
-dig out 15 foot tree with ~100 pound root and haul to front (I can take no credit, this is all Caleb while I was inside, showered, reading my new book! this is probably more like me!)
*there was a break in there that included Sonic (diet cherry limeades and burgers! yum!) and a Home Depot run!
3) Took the Cavalier to the shop....we had a scare on Friday as it overheated. Thankfully, we took it in about 10 am, they called us about noon saying some sort of fan that they replaced this past July went out, so they repaired it all FREE OF CHARGE and we picked it up! Caleb looked at his last receipt and it was almost a $500 bill. Yay! Caleb also repaired his rear view mirror...please read last post for explanation!
4) Watched the Mavs/read my book/chillaxed at home
5) Fun, relaxing dinner with friends
6) Asleep by 11 :).

Sunday:
1) Awake at 8! Yes! Sleeping in!
2) Einstein's for breakfast/coffee
3) Church--I love our church. Not the ins and outs of worship style, sermon style, etc but the honesty, vulnerability, and accountability that our pastor exhibits and encourages in us every week. We're doing a full year series studying the book of Mark and praying the prayer "Jesus, we want what you want". I will hopefully blog one day about what I've learned, as it's amazing to really study who Jesus WAS and how He still IS today.
4) Grocery shopping together--for those at church today, I was craving colby jack cheese and ham from the deli....so then we went home and had healthy, yummy sandwich lunch!
4) Read the Sunday paper together (well, each took different sections of course, but sat next to each other)
5) Met my Mom and went to see a movie and did a little shopping/Caleb went into work for a few hours then met up with ultimate guys for a finance meeting
6) And here I am.....clean house, relaxed, and it's only 6:45 :).

Ahh...what a great weekend. I'm refreshed to start the week :).

No comments: