Search This Blog

Sunday, November 28, 2010

39 week update!

First of all, the Lord is teaching me a lot right now about His timing and how HE is in control. If I had it my way, Carter would have been born this week---this past Tuesday to be exact :). However, he is staying nice and cozy and I'm having very few labor symptoms. This morning in church one of the last songs we sang had the words "all I am is Yours"--I've sung that so many times, but it definitely had new meaning today, as if I'm truly living like ALL I am is His, ALL Carter is His, then why am I so anxious for Carter to come and just not trust the Lord completely? HIS timing is perfect, so I trust in that truth right now and am SO thankful to have a full term baby. Caleb also gave me a good "talking" this morning.....what a sweet, short season these last few days are as the 2 of us, I'm really trying to enjoy them. If Carter hasn't come by Friday, we're going to date night at Bob's for carrot cake--my absolute favorite :).

I really can't complain, I'm officially 39 weeks, but still feel really good. Sleep is finally getting uncomfortable, but that's my only complaint. No swelling, no extreme fatigue, little discomfort during the day, and able to work 8 hour days with no issues. I've decided to keep working through this week to keep my mind occupied. Friday will be my last day, as we're inducing next Tuesday, 12/7 if he hasn't come before then :).

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving---turkey trot, Luby's on china at our house with my Mom and grandmother, lots of playtime and hanging out with the niece and nephews, early morning black Friday shopping, and a 2nd full Thanksgiving meal with Caleb's family. We've since done a lot of relaxing and nesting around the house :). Here are some pics to chronicle:


38 weeks!

Fancy "last" date night at Ocean Prime

Luby's on china--definitely the way to go! Not sure if Carter will let us do this next year, but it was fabulous this year! Bummer I got NO pics of family time with the kiddos :(

Carter's nursery is complete! Caleb's parents came over and helped with the finishing touches.



Proud momma with that big 'ol belly!

Proud daddy--he put a lot of work into this room, I'm very thankful for all him pretty much doing everything to make the nursery perfect for our little man :)

Closet pic

Other side of the closet

Last but not least, we've finished the indoor and outdoor Christmas decorations. Here is the mantle, complete with Carter's stocking!

Next post may be post-Carter...we shall see!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Julie - you're so beautiful! I can't wait to meet the little man! Praying for you - for patience, the Lord's timing, and sweet moments with Caleb before the big day! Miss you!