Search This Blog

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Dr. Carter

Just a funny story from work today I thought I would chronicle on the blog...

I was seeing a patient that recently had a stroke, loopy on drugs but also pragmatically "off". Anyway, I was doing a bedside swallow evaluation, so we weren't addressing language or pragmatics. She asked to "touch the baby" so I let her pat my belly. She asked his name and I told her Carter. We went on with the evaluation for 10-15 minutes then she started saying "Dr. Carter, can I have some water?". It was cute, I went along with it. Later in the day the nurse paged me and I called her back--she said "she keeps asking for Dr. Carter and we can't figure out who she's talking about--then she said the Dr. that gave her food--is that you?". Haha. Oh, if Carter becomes a doctor I'll have to remind him of the first person that called him doctor :).

Still truckin'....in 5 days or less we'll be holding our baby boy! So excited!

1 comment:

cabbie said...

What, no "Here's Carter!" post in your first 24 hours home with the new baby? ;-) Great to see y'all this weekend and meet Baby Carter.