Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

One week

How to slow the clock? I love this newborn phase! Of course I'm exhausted, but this time around I realize how quickly this phase will be over, so I'm really trying to treasure the moments. I let the house get messy and put off the dishes for snuggle time....and don't regret one bit.

Things I'm loving about Isaac:
-his soft spiky blond hair
-love his sweet smell
- froggy legs (although this makes diaper changes difficult!)
-how he squeaks before full out crying
-his "pecking"....he will root on anything! The boy loves to eat...so much for skin to skin unless he just ate, especially for Caleb
-uncontrollable arm flails
-his love for being held....although I do hope his nighttime being put in his bed (napper in pnp in our room) improves, I love that he is pretty much instantly consoled just by being in your arms
-his love for being under the bathroom heater
-swaddlers are still my favorite baby product
-did I mention his sweet smell?!
-his chill personality---really the only time he full out gets mad is when he's cold (diaper/clothes changes). He will fuss when he's hungry and really doesn't mind baths which is completely opposite of Carter

He's a champ at nursing, really did well from the beginning. Carter is really doing great with the transition. He shows mild interest in Isaac and likes to show him toys and turn on his bouncy seat, but otherwise pretty much goes on with his own thing and doesn't really show signs of jeslousy, etc (yet!). It's great having Caleb home. He takes Carter on an outing a day which allows Mommy a morning nap with Isaac :)

Don't get me wrong, I forgot how needy a newborn can be at times (hes nursing 30-35 mins q 2-3 hrs) and still forget to go to the bathroom before nursing so I often sit uncomfortable that first 10-15 mins ;). I also forgot the tendency for newborns to pee and poop just as you change them, so little man has literally been in 5 different outfits today alone. Tonight I was laying in bed and Caleb was changing him when he started pooping. The look on Caleb's face as he "just walked away" was priceless. I think I laughed a good 2 mins before getting up to help :). I've slept somewhere different every night since being home. I've also gone against the "I would never let my kid sleep in my bed" motto I once had because Isaac for some reason will give me a 3-4 hour stretch if he's in my bed vs a 1-2 hours if in his bed...and right now as my friend so accurately put it "is survival mode".

Here are some iPhone pics from this first week. My heart is so full being at home with my 3 boys!
































2 comments:

Steph said...

He's adorable, Julie! :)

Unknown said...

He is SO CUTE! I can't wait to meet him!