Search This Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2013

The little years

As we approach the last days of Caleb being home Ill be honest and say I'm getting a little anxious about being at home with a 2 year old and a newborn. By myself.

Last night and today God has really been speaking to me me about this season that HE has given me. What a blessing. The little years are tough and being home is "tougher" than being at work, but this season will go by so fast. I need to be present. To see the joy of Carter creating with play doh, talking about trips to the beach (which we have no plans of, but he loves to pretend and talk about who will go, what food we will take, etc), reading books and doing puzzles, and enjoying snuggles and skin to skin time with Isaac. Instead of facing the day with worry about how I will do it or what will we do to fill the 10 hours while Caleb's at work, embrace and experience the everyday adventures with these 2 little boys. God has plans for us here. He has given me this wonderful season and surrounded me with support. He has plans for us--and getting the house messy and playing with water and learning, discovering, and exploring are part of those plans. Because I'm shepherding little hearts, and thats more important than a clean house or looking like I have it all together . So, with Christ as my shepherd, I will have the strength to point these little hearts to Him. And that's what's most important. Let the journey begin....

No comments: