Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Oh, babies!

And, no, this is not my way of announcing a pregnancy! Now, that would be dorky :).
My weekend consisted of:
Saturday: helping to host a baby shower for sweet Jocelyn, due with baby boy Wilson (announcing the name Thanksgiving!) in January



Saturday pm: dinner with our friends Brent, Erin, and their almost one year old (Thanksgiving day!) precious little Katie. Here is a picture of them when she was born.


)
Sunday am: working in 15-19 mos old class at church (sorry, no picture...but mentally picture crying kids staring up at Caleb as he attempts to juggle 3 huge balls)

Sunday pm: attending my sweet sister-in-law, Emily's, baby shower--our newest nephew, Hudson, will be here any day now! Here are Hayden, Harrison, and our niece Sophia playing in the bathtub a couple of months ago. These cousins will have fun all being the same age....and babysitting our kids :). Hudson will be baby brother to Hayden (right) and Harrison (middle).
More and more of our "hang outs" recently have included babies! Crazy! Don't get me wrong...I am so happy for everyone else and love to love on other's babies, but we are so not ready for babies quite yet :). I'm still doing the job search thing and will hopefully work a couple of years before I am infected with the baby bug. Caleb is nowhere near ready either :). However, after our new nightly tradition of playing "ticket to ride", Caleb said tonight "this is why I want a big family, so we can play games". WHAT?! We shall see about that. There's a lot more to a big family than game nights, right? And....I'll keep you updated, but right now, I'm up 4-2. Caleb hates it :).

Caleb's mom also started a baby pool this week. Emily is due to have Hudson on Dec. 7th. Winner who picks closest gets $50. November 20th is my date :). Caleb, being the lawyer he is, waited until everyone else picked a date and took the "price is right" approach. We'll see what works.

Okay, boring post. Praxis (licensing) exam this Saturday and then I'm done with school FOREVER! I can't wait until Sunday, when I will never have to study again!

1 comment:

Chels said...

unrelated to this baby post, where is the I'm-done-with-studying-and-stupid-tests-forever Post? ;)