Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

18 weeks

We had a Dr. appt today with the official anatomy scan. Working in the hospital, I have a very skewed idea of "normal" so it was great to hear the sono tech say "see this nasal bridge--babies with Down's Syndrome don't have that" and "here are the 4 chambers of the heart" and "if there was a cleft here, there would be a big open black space right here" while pointing to the palate. My day consists mostly of seeing children with congenital abnormalities, so although the odds of having a single ventricle heart are probably one in thousands, it's 3 in 8 patients for me today. So, seeing our little baby boy and his healthy, growing self leaves me in utter bliss tonight....

Don't get me wrong, as excited as I am that everything is healthy thus far, this verse in Psalms will continue to be my strength and rock.....I am carrying this baby, but the Lord is his CREATOR and is daily knitting him perfectly according to HIS will in my womb, not mine. And when I hold those itty bitty babies with single ventricles, I firmly believe that the Lord has a perfect plan for them, they are perfect according to His plan. I praise Him because His ways are so much higher than ours.
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I kow that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be" -Psalms 139: 13-16


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for that verse. Needed to read that :) so happy to hear that baby Wood is healthy. I am praying for you