Search This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Baby Names

The question I get on a >daily occurrence is "do yall have a name?". We're working on it. We went through the entire baby name book and we started out with a top 10 list before we went to Mexico. We then narrowed down to 5, and even though we're still on those 5, I think there are 2 names that are a step above the other 3. We're now overly analyzing names, because this is a BIG decision to make. I mean, this is the name the teacher will call out at the beginning of every single year and we don't want our kid to be one of THOSE kids that has to correct the teacher on the enunciation of his name. It will be on his college applications, wedding invitation, resumes, and if Caleb gets his wish will be broadcasted all over ESPN one of these days :). Me being a speech pathologist throws another loop into the mix as 1) I think about how it will be misarticulated by him and/or his peers that have those cute little artic issues (ie: our kid will likely NOT have a name that starts with an "r" because he will replace it with a "w" and with the last name Wood......"woger wood", etc....you get my point 2) I have a huge history of students and patients that I will forever associate their personality with a name 3) I don't really have a 3rd point for the SLP/name thing, but need to have a 3 to keep it a list!

So, while we continue to brainstorm and come up with the *perfect* name for our firstborn son, he will still be called by his current nicknames: Woody, Twig, Willy, Tyke, Cinco, BabyWoo

We are not keeping the name a secret, but we are keeping our brainstorming between the 2 of us. Don't worry blogger friends, when we have a name, we will share with you :).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like BabyWoo as the official name. -Chelsea

sterling said...

You think it matters now, but when the kid pays to have his name changed at age 18, you'll wonder why you wasted so much time... just ask my parents.