Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Dad's Birthday, Arboretum, Half Marathon

So I try to take pics from my actual camera when we have a "photo worthy" event. Problem is, I upload these pics about once every 3 months. So, here's a taste of the "camera worthy" pics the past few months...

Dad really wanted a "fruit pizza" for his 60th. He knew he had one before, but didn't know where it came from. He told me it was a "fruit tart" so my job for the party was to get a fruit tart. After spending some time with my friend google, I found that Whole Foods had the best fruit tart in Austin. I ordered one up and thankfully Dad went with me to get it....and it was NOT what he was wanting. So, after much discussion over what exactly was in his mind for this birthday dessert, this is what we came up with :). I made it with my own 2 hands and he says it was exactly what he wanted...hmmm, not sure, but it sure was good!

Have to have candles on the fruit pizza!


Mamie, Grandaddy and all their grandbabies!

Carter "teaching" Kennedy what to do

Photos at the Arboretum were a complete disaster as far as photo worthy photos go. Have I mentioned Carter is busy? And trying to "pose" a busy 15 month old for pictures...no way, jose. We attempted to get one of Carter and the 3 girls and every time we would sit Carter next to them, he immediately got up. All he wanted to do was run! That grass is awesome though, I didn't blame him !

Frolicking might be the right word here?




Yoga baby

Short rest break with the blankey, then back to it!

Seriously, the only "still" shots of him were drinking or head buried in blanket. Geez, I have much respect for child photographers!

Love this!

Completed the Rock N Roll half a couple of weeks ago. It was a hot, tough race but  I'm so glad Shannon was by my side the whole time and Carter and Caleb came to cheer us on! It was nice to be back in the running groove--first half post Carter :)

Could not have done it without this girl! 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go! So proud of you for running! I just started up again but no plans for racing any time soon. Love you!