Search This Blog

Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday

God has been teaching me a lot about his desire for me to need Him. Not just in the tough times where I realize I can't do this on my own, but in the daily grind of life to look to Him. To seek Him. To care about what He thinks more than what other people think. To trust that He has things prepared for me to do in this short time I live on this earth--and seek those out. 

Hebrews chapter 10 talks about Christ's sacrifice once and for all:

Talking about the sacrifices made under law..

v 3 "But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins, because it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. Therefore, when Christ came into the world he said "Sacrifice and offering you did not desire but a body you prepared for me; with burnt offerings and sin offerings you were not pleased. Then I said 'Here I am--it is written about me in the scroll--I have come to do your will O God'" 

And that, my friends, is why I celebrate Good Friday. Jesus died once and for all because we NEEDED him to. Only by his blood am I forgiven. The perfect lamb, perfect sacrifice. His blood was shed so that I may live.

Today is only good because Sunday is coming, when we remember that he didn't stay dead. He rose. He's alive and sitting next to the Father. Oh, how he loves us. That he would die so that I may live. And although I am still a sinner, I can approach the throne of grace with confidence because of the blood of Christ. I don't have to have a high priest go before me and sacrifice a bull or a goat as a sin offering. Jesus, the ultimate high priest, paid it all on the cross so that I can go before the throne and seek the Lord. Worship Him. Seek his will in this daily grind of life. Thank you, Jesus. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord! Thank you Jesus! Who am I that You would die for me? "oh praise the One who paid my debt and raised this life up from the dead"