Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2012

Would you judge me...

...if I put Carter in a helmet and knee/elbow pads on a regular basis? This is a short, photo-free post (but don't worry, I am chronicling all the "firsts" on the camera and pics to come..) but man, this past week Carter has taken his activity to a whole new level. Let's just say Friday I was monitoring his pupil sizes and closely watching for signs of concussion after a major head bang (out of temper...but that's a whole other story) with subsequent nose bleed. On Saturday as I was on a college reunion roadtrip Caleb texted me a pic with only text "fyi" and pic of Carter with blood on his nose/mouth/face. Yesterday he was playing at the park, fell on his face (better than head I guess?) and today is sporting a "shiner" (Caleb's turn) on his left cheek. I'm now composing an email to his teachers for fair warning of our bruised, bloody boy so hopefully they will not report me to CPS. I'm sure this is only the beginning...Lord, protect this baby as I have a feeling we have a long road ahead!

No comments: