Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Christmas is by far my favorite holiday, so even though Carter doesn't get it, we've been partaking in some Christmas festivities to help get in the spirit. I think Carter is just confused by it all...why is there a big tree in our living room? why do we have lights in our yard? why does Mommy insist on listening to Christmas music instead of my kid CDs in the car, and in the house, and singing in the bathtub..? and who in the world is this creepy old man that Mommy forced me to sit on?

LOVE this. He is so confused. and innocent. He didn't cry--just could not figure it out!
I'd always heard about the Trains at Northpark but felt like you had to have kids to go. So, with Carter in tow Mommy got to see the train exhibit! Carter was interested for a bit, but this little boy's conductor hat was way more interesting than the trains.

sweet boy



Finally! Someone I know! Whattup Aaron? What did you think of that creepy old man with the beard?

Although all of this is fun, I really want Carter to understand early the true meaning of Christmas. We look at the nativity and talk about Jesus' birthday, sing Away in a Manger and Silent Night,  but I know we're building the foundation right now. So although he seems confused, I know that seeds are being planted and we're building the foundations for future Christmas traditions. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

shansmith said...

Love it! Such a sweet picture of Carter and Santa!

shansmith said...

and of course of Aaron and Carter!